We often hear people complaining about tiredness or fatigue in their daily lives. This condition has become common due to our hectic lifestyle, work habits, stress and environmental pollution.
Overcoming fatigue is something that may seem like an insurmountable task without the right information and guidance. Below are some basic steps to fight fatigue and keep tiredness at bay.
1. Don’t Skip Breakfast
Eat foods with complex carbohydrates (whole grains), high fiber, protein, and good fats. Energy giving foods are needed to energize your body. What you eat for breakfast determine how you will feel for the rest of the day.
2. Stay Hydrated
Staying hydrated is essential to maintain energy. Drink at least two liters of water each day. Remember simple dehydration is a frequent cause of fatigue. It takes water to transport nutrients, to digest food, create blood, and move muscles, etc.
3. Incorporate Physical Exercise
It is important to incorporate physical exercise into your daily routine. While you think exercise may seem like just another way to drain what little energy you have, the effects of exercise actually help beat fatigue. Exercise boosts endorphins, which make us feel more energized, and increases oxygen levels in the blood. Exercise regularly about five times a week, for an hour.
4. Take Up Yoga
Yoga has shown to increase energy by relaxing mind and body enabling the practitioner to feel ‘energized’.
5. Give Your Body Fuel
As you become more active, you will need more food, but not just any food – you need healthy, energy-laden food that will jump start the next phase of your day, not weigh it down. Learn how to eat healthy.
6. Get Enough Sleep
Fatigue can be shown if you are having sleep problems. Try to get seven hours sleep each night. If insomnia is a problem, use appropriate nutrients, relaxing herbs, and meditation to encourage restorative sleep.
7. Seek Medical Advice
If making lifestyle changes such as sleeping and eating better, does not work, see doctor and tell him or her that you have trouble with fatigue. Various medical conditions can cause fatigue and tiredness too.
8. Have Regular Check-Ups
Fatigue causes may also come from underlying condition of certain illnesses such as heart disease, insomnia, anemia, diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, and hyperthyroidism.
It is important to establish a resolution to these medical conditions therefore seeing a doctor is advised. They are the right person to tell you why and how to fight fatigue, causes by these conditions.
Natural Health Supplement
There are many supplements out there made specifically for boosting one’s energy levels. Here are some herbal remedies:-
– Eurycoma is an herbal medicinal plant found in South East Asia and commonly called ‘Tongkat Ali’. In traditional medicine, it is used as a general health tonic for improvement in physical and mental energy levels.
– Schisandra Chinensis is thought to be from Chinese medicine. It is believed to maintain energy whilst at the same time having a calming effect on the mind and body. It also regulates blood sugar and improves sleep.
– Panax Ginseng is stimulating. However, the dried root (white) is preferred to be steamed root (red) because red ginseng can be too stimulating and prevent sleep.
– Siberian Ginseng has been shown under scientific study to fight fatigue and enhance performance in many activities.
– Liquorice is an adrenal tonic and can increase energy.
– Codonopsis is a very gentle energy herb.